Tight Embrace

13 September 2006

The Master's classes I'm currently finishing have given me great balance and firm foundation for my course Educational Administration.

EDAD 211 (Organization and Management of Educational Institutions) has given me the opportunity to manage a group of dynamic professionals as the class representative-- having been assigned by default as the youngest. The rationale was "Start 'em (managers) young."

EDAD 210 (Strategic Planning and Vision Management) has provided me a peek into the hardwork and paperwork required of a manager. This was the first time ever that I (and the rest of the class) was asked to read several books and then submit and present a report the following meeting!

and finally...
EDAD 222 (Educational Leadership) has validated my shift in the journey from hotel & restaurant administration to education. I never thought that this particular class would mean so much to me until September 5, when Prof. Angelito Manalili, Ph.D. a.k.a Ka Lito discussed for 2.5 hours non-stop of the Community Development Framework (plus realistic story-telling of his experiences). After which, I was deeply burdened by my responsibility to the nation as a provider of education and future administrator. Nevertheless, I am challenged to spark change in lives of many.

Last Tuesday, I finally presented my report on Servant-Leadership and Christ-centered Leadership. (Recommended readings: "Jesus, CEO: Using Ancient Wisdom for Visionary Leadership" by Laurie Beth Jones, "Insights on Leadership" edited by Larry C. Spears, "A Third Look at Jesus" by Carlos H. Abesamis). I concluded with Maya Angelou's "I am a Christian". Surprisingly, most of the comments were not content-related but presentation-based, primarily, my voice and diction. One asked "Singer ka ba?" while another (probably referring to my 'accent') inquired "Nag call center ka ba?" Such feedback was morale uplifting! But more than that, I felt my hungry spirit was nourished and refreshed by the discussion that came after my report.

All these I take as God's reassurance, not just a pat on my shoulder but a tight embrace.

exhaled by milbenski at 10:18 PM | 0 comments

0 burp(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home